Friday 24 May 2013

My Kitty Fondant Cake♥

With 1 month of preparing, I'm finally done my lovely fondant cake! :')

I've watched plenty of videos about fondant cake before making it
and that has helped me a lot while making the cake.

I have many stories behind this cake and one of them is my failed marshmellow fondant...
When I made the fondant, it was keep breaking apart and I couldn't fix it with water and shortening.. so I went to Michael's and bought a pre-made white fondant (with 40% off coupon :D)
That was a wise choice because I was able to work faster and easier.

Before making fondant cake, I planned my image on a piece of paper:



These sketches helped me a lot while making the cake
because I was able to plan ahead what to make next :)
This is my final product:
"Kitty with a Ribbon"








-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my best example of the flower decoration..
It's a rose and I didn't put it on the cake because my cake's theme had nothing to do with flowers.
 :)




No comments:

Post a Comment